my discursive capital ring

 

        Recently I had a second go at walking the Capital Ring, a long distance footpath that follows a route all around London for about 70 miles.  When I first did this a few years earlier, it took me to many beautiful stretches of countryside that exist within the Greater London boundary - ancient woods, wide heathland, and hidden pathways...

        But anyone who knows the Capital Ring will know that it includes some particulalry boring stretches, such as the slightly whiffy stretch along the Outfall Sewer in east London, and the suburban maze behind Brent Cross.

        So I decided to revisit the route and where necessary find more interesting diversions.  The result is shown above.  Now I'm once again revisiting parts of this journey and writing up in detail some of the sections I have enjoyed the most. 

NOTE: In the posts  indicates a publicly available toilet that was open when I did the walk, though I cannot guarantee it will still be open in the future!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SW london commons and woods

N London urban walk: Finsbury Park to the river